Aphobos CrossFit is committed to protecting your privacy.
We collect and process personal data about you to provide the services you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests.
Our Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information. When we update this policy we will post any changes on our website.
If you have any queries about this Notice please contact us at email@example.com
The Data Controller in respect of this Privacy Notice is Aphobos CrossFit Ltd.
Section 1 – When do we collect your information?
We collect your personal information when you:
- Register for a Free Trial session
- Complete an online membership agreement
- Book or attend a class, seminar, Fundamentals course
- Ask us for more information about a product or service, or contact us with a question or complaint
- Visit or browse our website
- Send an email to an @aphoboscrossfit.com email account
- You have an accident in our gym or there was an incident where you were a witness or personally affected
- When you use the Zen Planner app
- When our team takes photos of you at the gym, as part of an event or in a class (Your permission will be asked beforehand)
We may also collect, match or acquire information about you from other organisations such as Google and Facebook.
Section 2 – What information do we collect?
The information we collect is required for the purpose of creating your member account and includes:
- Name, date of birth, gender, e-mail address, post code, telephone number, health declaration and whether you require disabled access
- Credit or debit card information, information about your bank account number and sort code or other banking information. Note that we do not store your bank or credit card details on our web servers
- Your attendance
- Your contact with us, such as email or other records of any contact you have with us
- Your membership information – such as dates of payment owed and received, the services you use and any other information related to your account
Section 3 – How do we use this information?
We will use your personal information to provide you with the services, products or information that you have requested, for administration purposes, to improve your website experience, and marketing. We may need to share your information with our service providers, associated organisations and agents for these purposes. We may use your information to:
- Process your membership through Zen Planner (membership software)
- Bill you for using our services as part of your membership
- Keep you informed about our services including operational matters relating to your membership
- Provide relevant services to you
- Confirm your attendance to classes, seminars, competitions
- To share gym event photos on our social media platform (Your permission will be asked first before a picture is taken)
- Contact you with offers or promotions based on our analysis of how you use our services and what we think will be of interest to you (unless you choose not to receive our marketing messages)
- Respond to any questions or concerns you might have about our services
- Understand how you use our services, to help us develop relevant and updated services
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to monitor how customers use our services
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes
We’ll store your information for as long as you are a member of Aphobos CrossFit, or following cancellation and to meet legal requirements including financial audit, anti-fraud and money laundering regulations. We will store your information for no more than 6 years from the last activity on the account.
Section 4 – Opt out
Aphobos CrossFit will only send you information relating to your membership. We will not share your data with any 3rd parties or sponsors. If you cancel your membership with us we will only send you information that we think will be of interest to you. If you want to opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, or if you are no longer a member and wish to remove your consent to receive marketing please contact by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 5 – Keeping your personal information secure
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information we collect and maintain is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Communications over the internet (such as emails) aren’t secure unless they’ve been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before being delivered – as this is the nature of the internet. We can’t accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that’s beyond our control.
We may share information about you with:
- Service providers, agents and associated organisations to allow us to service your membership and communicate with you; for example, financial institutions to process payments
- Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities where we have a legal obligation to do so
We will release information if it’s reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers.
If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that organisation. We will inform you if we do so.
We do not intend to use your personal data for automatic decision making.
Section 5 – Third party tracking
We use tools such as Google Analytics for collecting personal data about our website visitor’s online activities over time and across different web sites for marketing purposes. This is so we can ensure our website gives you the best possible experience.
Section 6 – Collection of children’s data
Collection of children’s data is limited to name, address and date of birth for membership purposes only. Consent must be given by a parent or guardian, who has got parental responsibility for the child.
Section 7 – Your privacy rights
You have the following rights in relation to your data privacy: the right of access; the right of rectification; the right of erasure (the “right to be forgotten”); the right to restriction of processing; the right to be notified; the right to data portability; the right of objection; and the right to not be subject to automated profiling.
Access. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. Please contact us through email to email@example.com or the contact us section of the website.
Rectification. If you believe we’re holding inaccurate information about you, or your personal details change, please contact us. Debit, Credit and Bank account changes can be made in your members profile on Zen Planner.
Erasure. You have the right to the erasure of the data we hold on you, when it is no longer needed for the purposes of your membership, or when you withdraw your consent for our processing (*and we have no other lawful basis to hold your data).
*Aphobos CrossFit has the right to hold your credit card or debit card information if there are outstanding bills in your account until these are settled.
Restriction. You have the right to ask us to place restrictions on processing your data in certain circumstances.
Notification. You have the right to be notified of any rectification, erasure or restrictions in relation to your personal data.
Portability. You have a right to receive the data we hold on you electronically in a format that allows it to be easily transferred to another data controller.
Object. You have the right to object to data processing of your personal data for direct marketing or profiling purposes.
Profiling. You have the right not to be subject to any decision based on automatic processing of your personal data.
Section 8 – Changes to this Privacy Note
We will update this privacy notice to reflect the way in which we process and protect your data. If we do so, we will post notice of the change on our website.