Members Rules on Safety, Code of Conduct and Hygiene
Aphobos CrossFit Ltd. adopts and enforces membership rules in order to make the use of the gym safe and enjoyable for all members.
These Rules apply (accordingly) for services provided at our premises at 54 Stanley Road, BR2 9JH, and Aphobos Virtual Box.
The Rules presented below are part of your Terms and Conditions and may be revised periodically to reflect new business procedures and updated government guidelines.
We would like to remind you that Aphobos reserves the right to terminate your membership immediately if you fail to abide by these Rules.
COVID-19 – Specific Rules
As a member of Aphobos CrossFit you agree that you will:
- Follow our updated guidelines regarding training safely.
- Not visit the gym if you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, muscle pain, headache, sore-throat, or recent loss of taste or smell), live with anyone showing symptoms or has the virus, or is aware to have been in contact with someone who has the virus.
- Wash you hands thoroughly with soap and water or use hand sanitizer before coming to the gym. You can bring your own hand sanitizer or use the stations available at the gym.
- Come in your gym gear.
- Follow staff member’s instructions and directions in relation to social distancing measures, on-way system rules, queue systems to enter they gym, etc.
- Follow social distancing measures, keeping apart from other members and staff whilst waiting to enter the gym, waiting for your class to start.
- Wipe down your kit once you have used it with the cleaning products provided. Cleaning stations and wipes are available in the gym for you to use.
- Leave the gym as soon as your class is finished respecting the directions in place.
If you are advised to self isolate after having visited the gym, it is your responsibility to get in contact with Aphobos as soon as possible.
During your class you must:
- Wear suitable and comfortable clothing and footwear (denim, bare feet, flip-flops are not deemed appropriate). If you are not wearing appropriate clothing you will not be allowed to join our classes.
- Not use the gym whilst under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or any other medical substance that may affect your ability to exercise safely. Aphobos reserves the right to ask you to leave if we suspect you are unfit to train.
- Not take bags onto the gym floor for health and safety reasons.
- Not leave personal belongings in the premises. Personal items will be removed to lost property but Aphobos is not responsible for any loss or damage.
- Not drop or throw weights on the floor anywhere in the gym.
- Make sure you use the facilities and equipment in a proper manner and not in a way that may cause harm to yourself or others. If in doubt ask our coaches.
- Listen to and follow any instructions given by the coaches regarding the use of equipment, scaling or modifications of any movements, load, etc.
- Not to give other members advice (coaching) during or after sessions.
- Not behave in an aggressive, abusive, intimidating, anti-social or threatening manner or in any way that may cause distress to staff or other members.
- Respect neighbours when training at early or late sessions, keeping less noise as possible.
- Park your vehicle or bicycle appropriately.
- Not leave water bottles or any litter on the floor. Use the bins.
- Not eat at the gym floor.
- Not misuse the vending machines.
- Not bring any pets, other than aid dogs into the gym.
- Not smoking, including e-cigarettes, in any area of the gym. Any member found to be breach of this rule may have their membership terminated.
When booking and attending classes:
- Arrive promptly for class start times, or be prepared to join online. Late arrival may result in being refused entry to the class.
- Book a session no less than 7 days in advance via ZenPlanner.
- Cancel your class 8 hours before if you know you are not going to attend that session. Other members on the wait list will appreciate it. If you don’t cancel a session and you are under a Standard membership (14-class a month), that will be considered no-show and you will lose that session.
- Book yourself into the waiting list if a class is shown as full. If a place is available you will receive an email confirming you have got a space.
- Members with extenuating circumstances impacting their ability to attend classes should contact us via email.
- Children cannot be in the gym (main area) whilst an adult class is in operation. At the parents risk and authorisation they can sit within the members chill out area. Please note this area is unsupervised by Aphobos staff during a class.
- During a Kids class, parents and carers are welcome to stay outside of the gym area and not interrupt classes in any way. Please ensure you arrive 5 minutes before class finishes to collect your child. If parents are late to collect a child and the coach needs to attend other business areas, e.g another class, then the child will need to wait in the member chill out area. Again please be aware this area is unsupervised.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the points above, please get in contact with us on +447947191514.